About Neurofeedback Therapy
Neurofeedback is a drug- free, non-invasive treatment option similar to biofeedback that trains people to regulate their own brain wave activity. Often described as brain training or physical therapy for the brain, it has been embraced around the world to improve cognitive functioning and treat various brain-related disorders for more than 40 years.
Neurofeedback is a learned skill, which essentially allows the brain to “rewire” itself and develop new neuronal pathways. Improvements as a result of therapy are gradual over time with benefits retained for long periods.
At Chicago Mind Solutions, we employ the latest in neurofeedback technologies to help our patients see the most effective gains. Our approach provides patients with insightful information on the current state of their physiological functioning through real-time feedback.
Using neurofeedback therapy to enhance neuroplasticity, Chicago Mind Solutions’ therapists help clients boost their concentration, decision making, and emotional regulation in addition to addressing sleep problems. Indeed, many satisfied clients have reported upon conclusion of their personalized neurofeedback therapy regime that they feel a new lease on life with a healthier functioning brain!
Why Neurofeedback Therapy?
Neuroplasticity, also called brain plasticity, is the process of producing new brain cells and connections between cells to enhance mental and physical abilities–a process that continues throughout your lifetime. Neurofeedback works by stimulating this activity in certain areas affecting your ability to organize thought, concentrate effort, and control emotion.
Neurofeedback has proven to be efficacious in treating individuals suffering from:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Sensory defense and sensory integration disorders
- Mood swings, irritability
- Sleep disorders, insomnia, restless leg syndrome
- Learning Disabilities (dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia)
- Executive functioning difficulties
- Headaches, migraines
In addition, neurofeedback also may help individuals to:
- Gain control over emotions
- Develop stronger memory retention
- Boost ability to focus mentally and physically
- Enhance performance in sports and other physical activities
- Deal more effectively with performance anxiety (e.g., tests, public speaking, high-pressure situations)
- Achieve a better sense of general well-being